Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Visit to the ER again!

Well Friday brought another experience...Having the opportunity t check out the new hospital in our town!!!F U N !

For the second time in 18 months Dakota keeled over ...and could not tell me what was going on .....SO it's off to the ER .Usually by the time your kids are 6 or 7 they can at least express symptoms, when you are dealing with Autism...not so much. I know this is not exclusive to Autism but more common with these kids....Even in case , Dakota is verbal but not conversational so when you are trying to ascertain details or description  F O R G E T it! I have liken it to having an infant...you have to be perceptive to what you see, feel, hear and think .....

he got up from the table and started to walk down the hall and all of a sudden just bent over and rolled on to the floor .I don't think he passed out but have no idea why he lost his bearings. In this case there was no questioning my mind I had to take him to the ER . f he had been able to say oh I got dizzy or I tripped or My head was fuzzy I might have just laid him down and watched it pass . when you have something like that happen with no evidence of what's going on, you have no choice,you must investigate. I would never forgive myself if I didn't take him and something further had happened.

Perhaps this sounds reactionary , it only follows my own advice "Go with your Gut"

Double edged sword is this they didn't find anything..but they didnt find anything! I was glad the tests came out clean but then there's no explanation for what happened!I will press on and have follow up appointments, with the inclination that I will press for referrals for what I think is necessary. The only real positive out come was we got the "gamut" of tests done all in one afternoon that would be a nightmare to get done otherwise  and now we have a point of reference for the future.

So Stay tunes for further developments...



No comments: