Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Heart Stops when this happens

So I walk into the bedroom yesterday and I realize Dakota is crying ....full bore crying crocodile tears ...sniveling and snotting uncontrollably..MY HEART STOPS.....it is a double edged sword , I have joy that he can experience emotion but sadness because something is breaking his heart. I am quite sure EVERY PARENT probably feels this way ; I can't help my self because he cannot express WHAT IS MAKING HIM SAD....I have no ability to talk him through his feelings or to "FIX" what's has made him sad...   I don't know how others get through this....

This is just another "thing" that sets us apart from others...then the guessing starts , the asking starts only to get "I DON'T KNOW  GO AWAY " The biggest issue is its oxen up in his head and even thinkin about a psychologist is a wash ...it wont accomplish anything

Well the day has come and gone and I am still thinking about it and what I might be able to do.I can only hope that somehow "nature" will help him work through the feelings and allow him to understand that it's OK to cry and its ok to feel sad but not let it consume you...For now my heart stops everytime he cries.

No comments: