Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Monday, May 12, 2008

Back to Normal????

What is Normal???Is there such a thing????I dont know but many I know in the "Autistic Community" have always joked about this quandry.

Today we start integrating the regualr shoe. So I hope this will be the end of a nightmare that start over 3 years ago.No more therapy and no more appointments YIPEEEEEEE.

Of course I havent been able to do things like even sit on this computer and write in this journal as my nursing duties pretty much took up most of the day.If I was "nursing " I was placating Dakota's desire to just have someone around--again I guess I should be thrilled I have a kid that wants to be around his MOM! Then there is always the thought that summer is coming and once school is out theres a whole set of new routines in place--- OH WHO CAN KEEP UP WITH ALL OF THIS????

I guess my point to all of this is I have great hope that I will be able to get more things accomplished including my rant. I will say that I did discover a big life lesson after having Dakota that the old wives tale about "the housework will wait but the kids grow up" ; So dont stress too much about the dishes cuz they will still be there long after the kids are gone IS TRUE

And having a child, a teen, or young adult with Autism makes the point that you HAVE TO sieze the moment and take every opportunity because you never know when that will be a learning experience for your child----It has paid off in this house and I hope it will pay off for others . I continue to see Dakota growing babysteps and maybe he will always need someone here with him but as long as I see progress I will continue to leave the dishes in the sink !

No comments: