Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Sunday, December 20, 2009

MacBeth Act 5 Scene 1

This is a most pecuilar story. One that needs to be added to the many that have been told about our kids and their uncanny ability to know things that we just cannot explain!

Although I try to tread lightly and am aware that the "static" becomes overwhelming for him, I continue to gently urge him to express what he is feeling so I can help him through this rough patch. Also to remind him that he does not have a "moving message board" on his forehead that explains why or what he is thinking. He needs to talk; to tell someone what he is experiencing so they can help.


In the midst of what seemed to be one of the most intense "blow ups" or "blow outs" described in the previous entry Dakota was growing increasingly pissed off at me challenging him to talk about what was going on inside his head and why he was behaving the way he was--- He jumped up and attemted to "banish me" from the room. He was angry and aggrevated and wanted me gone. From no where he stands up raises his arm and points with his arm extended slightly towards the ceiling and shouts  "Out" "OUT dammed spot" "Out I say"!
 
It stopped me in my tracks for a moment. My inner dialogue says "where the hell did he get Shakespeare from?" I was flabbergasted  not only at the quote but the appropriate nature of his command. I know that no where in his educational exposure has he ever heard or seen MacBeth and I was knocked out with amazement.
In all fairness I know the phrase has been used in some advertisement media but I honestly cannot recall nor to I remember having any exposure to this phrase. 
 
Call it what you will, dismiss it if you like--I choose to believe that it was some kind of savant skill that surfaced, like the kid that plays Mozart at 3 or the one who graduates from college at 10.
Our kids are so under-rated.Professionals including teachers and school personel as well as many family members fail to acknowledge that these kids have talents that go undiscovered simply becuase most think they are unable to "perform typically". 
 
Please take note of little nuances your child reveals you never know there may be a a hidden talent that just needs a chance. For me I will continue to dig a little deeper to see if more Shakespeare is hiding underneath the guise of AUTISM!   

No comments: