Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Monday, June 13, 2011

Things seem better--

Well it seems like it has been ages since my last post and I am not sure I have any better answers than I did weeks ago! HMMMMMMMMM

I will say that the med change does appear to be effective and working similar to the previous medication. I have notice a few changes remarkably in appetite and sleep patterns but for the most part have not seen the intense aggression and overwhelming out of control static I know must have flowed thru his brain--- It makes me so sad and I hurt so intensely when I see Dakota in that state. I know it is a parental reaction and particularly an "Mother Thing" BUT it kills me to see him in so much turmoil and pain. 

I had hoped to completely remove him from the meds. That just doesn't seem possible yet. Perhaps in the future and I will try again. For now it is so important for doors to open for him that I cannot let my own agenda prevent him from getting to do all the things that are out there for him. I will always error on the side of "the Quality of Life vs. the Quantity Life"

For now he has had some calm and comfortable days and that is what is important.
Things seem Better

No comments: