Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Monday, May 23, 2011

What a difference a week makes!

Its 2 am and I am so overwhelmed right now I feel like I am the one who needs the meds and possibly a stay in Camarillo{A well known State Mental Hospital in California}

Dak returned early from his Dads last weekend and it wasn't good--Barring all the circumstances the police were involved on the basis of a "welfare check" but we all know someone probably though it was much worse --A N Y W A Y

The week since had been relatively quiet and still looked liked the meds being reduced was going to be OK. Wednesday rolled around and he started to show some of the more intense agressiveness that I thought had vanished. Saturday came and we were back to the the "Saturday Syndrome". Don't know if I have ever called it that before but essentially the weekends seem to throw Dakota off-- Mostly because of the TV schedule. Its like Crack for him-- I don't mean to be frivolous with that phrase but but he is addicted to the weekly TV schedule and when Saturday arrives he refuses to turn on the TV and in fact starts with the growling and aggressiveness if anyone else wants to turns it on--{ I am glad he has it off but I don't like what it does to him and his behavior}
OK from there the weekend went down hill
At this point I am so frustrated and exhausted not to mention alone, I am not sure where to turn-- There is no outlet and no support.
Due to his difficulties at his Dads last week I came to the conclusion that No Meds just is NOT an Option for Dakota, at least for now-- I really had "pie in the sky" hopes for a med free kid and still maintain that is a possibility H O W E V E R I can honestly say that from what we have endured this weekend it is not fair to Dakota to let him feel some of the emotion he displayed--I cannot begin to imagine what it must feel like in his head when this rage takes over.
I have started him on another medication to see if he can be switched to something else that could potentially be healthier for him. He has only been on it for 2 days --BUT from what I am seeing right now I don't know how long I am willing to let this go on before I go back to what I know was working for him--- I know "Don't fix what ain't broke" and I went and did it-- so now we all have to suffer the consequences.
Its all my fault and its my responsibility to fix it-- I am just trying to be patient with my decisions. At least trying to give this med a couple of days to be effective -- 
Perhaps a week that's about all I think I can take and its all I am willing to allow Dakota to suffer.
Last week I was riding high and This week I feel like I am in a cyclone from HELL -- who knows what next week will feel like----What a difference a week makes!

No comments: