Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Sunday, October 31, 2010

SATURDAYS!!!!!!!!

OH My GOD! I am about at the end of my rope on this one!
For almost a Year I have seen different and escalated behaviorand I cannot de-code it! I have consulted with doctors and other professionals worked with Dakota, the family and Friends and I just cant figure it all out.

Some of the issues I have had some enlightenment but SATURDAYS have been especially difficult.
It is a transitional day for Dakota and I understand that any time you have transition there will be challenges. Saturdays are just "KICKING my BUTT" 

I have tried every trick in my "tool belt" and I just cannot "slay this Dragon"

This most frustrating point is that Dakota is verbal and somewhat in touch with his feelings wants and needs yet he finds it incredibily diffeicult to EXPREES them! When givien choices instead of saying what he wants to do he revs like an engine "tac-ing " at thousands of RPM's. It seems like his brain goes off the deep end when he has to say or choose ANYTHING. And on Saturdays this intensifies 10 fold. He has resorted to self injorious behavior slapping his face and profuse crying.He also displays aggression by growling and TRYING to be physical!

I am so exhausted depressed frustrated and perplexed. I feel bad that he has to go thru this and I am overwhelmed with what to do. I was just getting to the point where I thought I had a pretty good handle on things and that I had pretty much seen it all BUT  NOOOOOOOOOOO here's another one.

Sometimes I just don't understand why these kids have to go thru what they do but if I had all the answers then I would be golden.

I will continue to try to de-code whats happening on SATURDAYS but for now it is my mystery!

No comments: