Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Saturday, February 20, 2010

Slight Improvement

Ok I guess its like Murphy's Law 2 steps forward -- 1 step back????
The past 2 or 3 days have been a bit better. I have made an effort to get Dakota out and a bit more active.Not only to keep his mind busier but also to wear off a little energy which I hope will help his "coping mechanism".

There have been a few quick little tantrums although I must admit he had a pretty good blow out tonight. It was short lived however it was intense.My biggest fear and hardest challenge is to not react as a typical person would by decking him -- which I know would happen if he was in the "real world" and he acted like that to someone who did not know him. Again I maintain that his behavior has no intent to actiually hurt someone but by his shear size he has the potential. 

I am begining to be convinced that these behaviors are "seizure-like" in nature.They come and go within minutes, they have a very severe intensity but as they pass Dakota is almost "post-dictal" {exhausted and lethargic} aftward and recently I have also noticed that his body and particularly his head gets very hot. I have heard of people who spontaneously combust and I am seriously wondering if there is any connection. I know its sounds crazy. However if you dont witness it you wouldnt believe it .  

I have started a regiment of sublingual B-12 and have increased is meds a bit. I do not attribute the past few days of calmer times to this change. I believe the activity and having something to look forward to has been more relevance.  

AllI can say is I will keep working at it till I either figure out what the "pre-cursor" is that triggers this  or until I can convince a medical professional that this needs further investigation OR BOTH!

For now I will take the slight improvement !

No comments: