Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Monday, June 16, 2008

Summers Coming --Combatting Bug Bites

Well summers here and bugs abound---I posted this on a couple of the groups I am on but for those of you who read here thought I would share with my own audience---haha

Please excuse the cross posting but I will send this to a couple of groups so more people can get the info---

Ok I know several of you have issues to tackle with your children tactile, allergy, scent,and lets not forget gut
So with summer upon us and many of us trying to get our kids out and active I came across a couple of "helpful hints " that I think will work for most of our kids when it comes to avoiding the dreaded bug bite!
1. Bounce dryer sheets they are so efficent warding off mosquitos-- I have even gotten emails that say that they are good to get rid of ants too---BUT I cut the sheets into 1 or 2 inch strips and tie them to a belt loop; or onto a shoe or flip flop; in the pocket of a pair of shorts especially if they have velcro you can velcro it on ; stick it in to a zipper or on the wrist underneath a watchband--- I am telling you we were in Guerneville on the river and not a mosquito bite on all 3 of us!
2. A new email circulating is saying that Listerine is excellent for basically the same thing-- Use a small sprayer bottle and spray the area you are picknicing in .the swing area where the kids play -- also on a deck or patio area NO MOSQUITOS
I have not tested this on out yet but its worth a try

I know our kids needs protection and sometimes the deet and other bug sprays are toxic and quite frankly irritate our kids--

OK "Heloise" is out of the house
Hope this might help someone!!!!!!
Cindy

and for a PS my strife continues with Dakota-- this past weekend was the weekend from Hell-- once again I make a reference to Hell but for some reason it seems as if puberty ,raging hormones and behaviors have reared their ugly head and dont seem to find much comfort in a peaceful environment--More to follow

Perhaps when I can write in the middle of the night without interference!!!!!

No comments: