Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fathers Day Weekend

I have intended to post about my stressful Fathers Day weekend and just kept putting other things in front of it and now the details are a bit foggy for me----Most who know me; know that I am really not one to hold grudges. I get mad or upset but I am usually pretty easy to let something go. I have just found that practice to be beneficial for my well being and bluntly put I have to consider the others I live with before myself. I don't expect anyone to give me a silver star or commend me for being selfless it is more self-preservation!

I also attribute my foggy memory to progressing age. More "senior " moments seem to occur more frequently although I refuse to accept that condition lightly. "I feel 18 as long as I don't look in the mirror" HA HA

All that aside this past month has been pretty overwhelming and there were moments when I really thought I was at the "brink " Fathers Day Weekend was one of them.

Essentially what happened was that Dakota had an altercation with his Dad the week before and he was anxious and upset about going to see his Dad -- On top of it he and his grandmother had several "run-ins" over the past week or two and LIFE was just HELL all the way around. I could not control his environment and every where I looked things were falling down around me so I BAILED.

I am not one to do this but I felt like Dakota and myself needed to de-fuse . I simply took a detour to a hotel and camped out for the night! Things were not right at home and going to POPs was not an option so we honkered down at the hotel. We went out and dinner picked up a couple of snacks for the evening went back to the room crawled in bed and rented a movie! We slept in till it was time to check out and then made out way back to the house.

Of course I had managed to get on grandmas "shit-list" but I really didn't care --It was what Dakota and I needed to get somesanity back into our lives and I actually think it made a fresh start for us cuz since then it seems to be a bit more manageable--I am sure that will fade but for the moment just that one little thing made a world of good.

No comments: