Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Sunday, June 18, 2006

Missing In Action

Well all I can say  Is I am definitely behind ---

I would like to say that its mostly because I have been outrageously busy but part of it has been a slump I seem to be Suffering.This Too Shall Pass

Living with Autism every day affects every facet of youre life and life within the family-- consessions and alterations to all activities and plans--Dont get me wrong some of it is very positive and character building but by the same token it can be exhausting.Sometimes you have to over think strategies before embarking on what used to be an impetuous action-- for instance --a trip to the store or an appointnet for the doctor or dentist.

 It has taught me a lot about my son but also life in general and how we do so many things in everyday life that we dont even think about and how our actions affect others. A simple  example is when my son was very small i used to talk to him about the outing we were embarking on BEFORE we got in the car --I would say we are going to go the the store ,the bank and the drug store-- then i go to the bank first --he starts to scream  It took me a while but I finally figured out that the order I told him was different than the order we went   Its amazing to think that we as typical people can adjust to these  subtle nuances of change but autistic people cannot-- they have to know       "whats next" Classic Anxiety.  I guess what i am trying to say is the past couple of weeks have been ""coping weeks""  a little of taking time away from the journal mixed with several obligations and personal issues-So for anyone who wondered where I was-- well now you know 

No comments: