Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Monday, October 10, 2005

More About the Center

I am so determined that this place has a purpose for so many I just cant see it not happening ! The biggest problems to date are my apprehension that parents don't get it  and don't realize that its a place for them as much as a place for their family. It will only flourish if others have a commitment to be involved  and make it what they want-- speaking as one who has been thru where others are at having little ones , it is hard to see passed the school years because it seems like a lifetime away  but trust me even with the struggles it happens way too fast and then they will find out that there is no place to go and what is out there is not appropriate-- Did anyone watch the "Nightline" Program Friday??{October 7,2005 on ABC @11:35 pm} it was called a Place in the World and it was about Autism and the growing numbers who are becoming adults and there is no place for them.The parents are working frantically to do similar things that I have in mind but you can see the worry on their faces---  The biggest fear is what will my child do once I am gone? It is not something you want to think about-- because in reality you can even have a plan but it doesn't guarantee that will happen. I have met so many parents that express their inner most thoughts about even hoping that their child passes before them because then they know that they wont be in the world without someone to help them , I know that sounds awful but it is unfortunately true. No one knows if the people we leave behind will "belly up to the bar" and take on the responsibility we have left for them even in the greatest plan with siblings and extended family things go wrong and sometimes human nature doesn't always do what it is suppose to do  Sooooooooooo I am getting morbid  Sorry   I have just heard too many stories We just have to get this Center going for so many reasons-- hopefully it will sustain many long after I am gone .I hope that some of the kids will be able to be a part of running it too! Maybe one day establish a Living Strategy or even getting back to the "old hippie days" of commune living  done the right way!!!!   People need to see the purpose and passion behind this center  I its just not a Center it has to be an Oasis-- maybe that would be a good name for it!!!!!Hmmmmmmmmmmm Oasis sounds really good

No comments: