Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Saturday, June 11, 2005

ONE MONTH 14 DAYS

YES THATS RIGHT ONE MONTH 14 DAYS SINCE THIS FIASCO BEGAN! YOU KNOW I HAVE GONE THRU LIFE KNOWING THAT IT WASNT GOING TO BE A EASY RIDE FROM EARLY ON--I HAVE TRIED TO BE RESISLIENT, LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, KEEP A SENSE ON HUMOR, EXERCISE CAUTION, USE GOOD JUDGEMENT, BE A GOOD PERSON, TREAT PEOPLE AS I WOULD WANT THEM TO TREAT ME AND SOMEHOW IT JUST KEEPS COMING. OH DONT COUNT ME OUT I WILL PERSEVERE BUT, MAN, IT GETS TIRING !

DAKOTA REMAINS ON THE BED BUT HE HAS MADE A LITTE PROGRESS--THIS WEEK HE ACTUALLY GOT UP AND TOOK A COUPLE OF STEPS WITH THE WALKER--YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE  YOU SEE IT IS BABY STEPS WITH ALMOST ANYTHING.GUESS I HAVE TO SAY THAT IS ONE THING THAT AUTISM HAS REALLY TAUGHT ME--THE TRUE APPRECIATION OF THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE--COUPLED WITH MY AWARENESS THAT THIS LIFE WASNT GOING TO BE A PIECE OF CAKE HAS RESULTED IN MY ENTHUSIASTIC APPROACH TO LIVING!BOY IS THAT A REDUDNANT USE OF THE WORD LIFE  BUT ISNT THAT WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT???QUALITY OF LIFE NOT YOUR STATUS IN LIFE??? GUESS I AM GETTING ETHERIAL????SPIRITUAL??WHATEVER  @#$%&@#$%&*

TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY HERE AND FOR THE MOST PART WE HAVE CHOOSEN TO NOT AKNOWLEDGE IT BECAUSE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND I GUESS IT GETS BACK TO WHAT IS IMPORTANT AND WHAT COUNTS AND SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO GET ON WITH WHATS HAPPENING THEN TO MAKE TIME FOR FALDERALL THAT WILL BE HISTORY TOMMORROW!

SO CELEBRATE THE BABY STEPS IN YOUR FAMILES LIVES  RECOGNIZE THAT MATERIAL THINGS ARE WONDEFUL AND FILL YOU UP FOR THE TIME BEING BUT IN THE END THEY LOOSE THEIR LUSTER, GET OLD, GET FORGOTTEN OR SWEPT UNDER THE RUG, GET SOLD ,GET RUSTY,GET TRADED IN,GET BROKE WELL YOU GET MY DRIFT BUT THE MEMORIES YOU CREATE AND SHARE WITH YOUR CHILDREN AND OTHER LOVED ONES ARE SOMETHING THAT NO ONE CAN TAKE AWAY. THEY WILL REMAIN IN YOUR HEAD AND IN YOUR HEART AND THOSE ARE THE THINGS THAT NO MONEY CAN BUY.

 

  

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just started a journal today myself. I have an 8 year old daughter that has autism, so I am just beginning to learn how you have to FIGHT for everything, even with all the laws. It is so depressing, and I have NO support . I live in Michigan, but am hoping to move. I am tired, so I just glanced through your entries for now, but that is horrible what happened to your son! I think a lot of people still consider autism as retardation or something, because I sure have had my fights with the school this year! Well, feel free to write, vent, etc. I will read your entries more later when I am not so tired!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel.. my 9 year old, Dakota broke his ankle last year and continued to run on it.. even after it was set and put in a brace.. We always go to the same ortho dr. and they still ask hime wear it hurts and to point to the face that best describes his pain even though he's shown them it isn't ever acurate. He's broken his wrist and such as well.  gave him those meltaways too..lol can't be any worse then any of his meds, I figure.. or anything he eats that isn't really food. his famous saying is I eat dirt and dirt dont hurt..