Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Tuesday, June 2, 2015

3 Things that Happened Yesterday


Well ..yesterday delivered 3 new epthamies I didnt see coming..all a lil differen but all substantial examples of why I know Dakotas brain is still developing ...

We were watching a movie yesterday and when we looked up the synopsis it was made in 2000....when I read that ;Dakota got this very serious look on his face and said that was when poppy walked out of Mulan......I sat back and said what?  he said we didn't see the whole movie.....15 years later he pulls that lil tiny piece of information out of thin air ...Simply amazing that has been swirling around in his brain and it took reading and seeing another description of a movie from the same time period to spark is language to tell me ?????

Then later on that evening we were switching the channels and it flashed on Joel Osteen and he said "OH....GOD is Praying"...now where the hell did he get that ? Surely Joel is not GOD but he made the connection that he (Joel)and God have a connection ..

Thirdly we had gone to Rubys Diner last week and it is one of his favorite places ..in fact it is one of the only places he will go in And sit down ....anyway...I made breakfast for dinner and when we were eating it for the very first time he actually commented on the "dinner"...He said "this is better than Rubys last week"Oh My God I nearly fainted...I have never heard him EVER COMMENT ON food or dinner ..but a compliment as well!!!!

Well it may seem menial to others but these things are huge to me..and definitely tells...tells that indicate his brain is working and still developing ...that's why I Continue To stand up and fight for him...I may be spitting in the wind but I will never give up as long as I know things are still "perking "in his brain!!!!!

No comments: