Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Monday, June 21, 2010

In Rememberance of Brad Loula

Brad Loula's Memorial Website
http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/CoachLoulamemorial/homepage.aspx
 
The Autsim Community suffered a huge loss this week==
My sons best friend  and mentor died at the young age of 46. This was a man who was a rough, gruff, curmudgeon of a man, a football coach and someone who possessed the heart and soul of an angel. By many accounts Brad was not perfect and in fact quite difficult to get along with in the typical world. I saw him on many occassions with very little patience for situations when typical kids or adults acted out or were out of hand. When it came to understanding and caring for Dakota it was as if he could flip a switch to become the best support a kid could ever want and a parent would ever wish for.
I knew when Dakota went with Brad that I had no worries . He would be protected and given his independence -- that was a fine line!
 
Brad and Dakota were "2 Peas in a Pod" and in someways I believe Dakota did as much for Brad as the other way around.
 
My heart aches tonight, my son does not even know yet and I dont know how I will find the words. I know I must tell him because he needs to understand that Brad did not abandon him but that God had a different plan.
 
There arent many out there who had or have this ability Brad possessed. Dakotas world is turned upside down and we are back to square one. I hate "hokey sayings" but in this case I must hope that "when a door shuts, a window will open!"
 
FIRST MONTH TOGETHER 
2001

We will miss you Brad and although you didnt think there was an afterlife I hope that you are finding out right now that I WAS right!

BRADS BIRTHDAY 2008
SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Steve Oly said...

Dear "Mom",
I went to Claremont McKenna College and played football with Brad. After he left CMC, we all seemed to lose touch with him. We only heard stories that he was coaching football in Riverside. Just today, several of us learned of Brad's passing, and we cannot believe it. I came across your post, when searching for his obituary. A lot of Brad's former teammates are mourning today. Your blog post aptly describes the Brad we all knew. Our friend Paul described Brad like this:

Until I'd met Loula, I'd never seen anyone: 1) Smash a full-sized metal trashcan against their forehead until it was crushed ...; 2) Military press 300 lb; 3) Drink more beer at one sitting - it was like some Ripley's Believe-it-or-Not thing. And Brad, notorious as he was, was a delightful combination of Hulk Hogan, Archie Bunker, John Belushi, Oscar the Grouch, and Rocky Balboa. - - - R.I.P.