Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Monday, June 25, 2007

IEP and the School District

Well here we go-----------------I try to get a copy of my sons IEP from the school district and what am I told?? I cant have a copy because my son is over 18 and 'BY LAW' I am not entitled -----

What the Hell ???? for hmany years have I attended the IEPs BY MY SELF signed the IEP  BY MY SELF and could not put the IEP in place until they have my signature and now just because he's over 18 they cant give me a copy???? I know this is the law and i don't dispute Dakotas rights what I dispute is the  double standard that its ok for me to speak for my son , make arrangements to make decisions for my son  be responsible for my son but i cant have a copy of a document  that needed my signature to put into place----                                        As I said  WHAT THE HELL???   my signature was on that document and they wont give me a copy----yes I have a copy floating around  the house somewhere but I needed it quickly and rather than go thru the  hassle of digging at home I though it would be "easier" to just go get a copy--BUT  NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well this is what I am gonna do:  they wanted him to tell them over the phone that I  could have a copy --I told them he really doesn't talk on the phone    then they said well he can sign for it  of course I was going up there for other business so I was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone and wasn't successful;Soooooooooooo In his own hand printing which is relatively  indecipherable  I am going to have him write me a permission slip to do business for him and have him sign it and have it notarized --make copies and every time I need to do something for him I will whip out the paper that is barely a kindergartners  printing  that will be Notarized and them lets see what they say????

You know there always a way to slay the dragon a different way I guess you just have to get creative  with what kind of a sword you use! 

No comments: