Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Saturday, January 13, 2007

REPLACEMENT WATCH

WELL THE REPLACEMENT WATCH CAME YESTERDAY-- I TOOK GREAT PRECAUTIONS TO MAKE SURE THAT THE WATCH WAS IDENTICAL BUT AS USUAL THE PIC THAT WAS ONLINE WHICH REPRESNETED THE "NEW " WATCH WAS EXACTLY LIKE DAKOTAS WATCH HOWEVER AS WE ALL KNOW THINGS ARENT ALWAYS AS THEY SEEM    THE WATCH WAS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT- - - - - -

SO THE FUN ENSUED-- BELOW IS AN EXERPT ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I BROUGHT THE WATCH HOME AND TRIED TO GET DAKOTA TO PUT IT ON--- 

I thought you might be interested in a few little pieces of info as to the watch since it has come "home"
Initially I told Dakota that it was found at the "plant" {the sewer plant} and they were cleaning it up and sending it back
But I knew that story would not last long

After getting from you yesterday I brought it home not realizing that the face on Dakotas watch  was that mellow orange color and even on the picture of it online it shows that color but this watch has a gray  background---
sooooooooooooooooooooo

When  I showed it to him he wasn't buying the story--"Thats not my Watch!"
I didn't even recognize the difference at first

I kept saying "yes Dakota  It is!"  Finally he just Plain refused to put it on--- I tried all after noon and evening and No GO     {I realized the subtle differences but I kept my mouth shut knowing if i uttered a word about the difference that would be the end of the watch wearing}


I gave him every argument in the book --Finally I told him Randy and Cindy Helped me get you a new watch. You are right the old one is gone and this is a new one.
He said he just wasn't going to wear a watch anymore.
I told him it was just like his old one and he said UN-huh-- I told him it was the best I could do  and I would like him to wear the watch--- ---
Last night before going to bed he finally caved into my request and put the watch on but he is still apprehensive about it -- as he has now pointed out that his watch had the orange face and the GSHOCK  on his original watch  was in white and this one is red!!!


I swear you cant get anything by this kid --- I told him that it was the way it came
that's the picture we used on the Internet showed his watch  but maybe because its a new year that its a new model!!!

Never-the-less  he is wearing it and hopefully that is how it will stay
It always amazes me that these kids are discounted for their shortcomings  yet the possess great talents that many never see
So the watch is on and I think he's settled with the differences

And all is right in his world -- for now!!!!


No comments: