Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Sunday, October 1, 2006

On His Own

WOW I guess my guy is growing up --sometimes its hard for us to believe it and especially when you have kids like ours but you just have to celebrate every little  accomplishment like its a fricken graduation or something because you have times when you  seriously doubt that they will ever "get" some things!!!

As I previously told you Dakota had the tendom release last monday and the doctor recommended that he stay home and off of his foot as much s possible . The doctor did not want to "chance" that the toe would heal "curled up" and instructed both of us that if he got off the bed he absolutely must wear the special boot to keep his toe straight.

I struggled with him the first day remindingnhim to keep the boot on when he walked on the floor .

Wednesday I had gotten up before he did and came out to check email before the day was to start --- about an half an hour goes by and I hear him coming down the hallway and all I can do is freak cuz i am worried that he walking with out that boot!I jump up and turn around start to holler at him not to be walking withpout the boot to find my guy standing there in his underwear, t-shirt and the boot! HOORAY !!!

I cant tell you how awesome that felt to know that he woke up and had the presence of mind to put the boot on before coming out from his bedroom

Good Job ! Yipeeeeeee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so cool that you can celebrate Dakota's victories. I'm sure that they may seem small in comparison to others however, I found that I too was excited to find he wore his boot without you telling him! What an accomplishment.  I'm so proud of him....and you too. I think you're incredible!
xoxoxox
Gina :0