Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Wednesday, July 13, 2005

AT MY WITS END AGAIN

WELL here we go again

Dakota has been challenging - - - always but I am having one of those nights that has cullmenated over the corse of several weeks.the day to day nursing and screwy hours and one on one attention coupled with the fact that no-one from the school except his teacher has bothered to even call has certainly been enuf to drive me off the deep end but there is one thing I am loosing my marbles about

Dakota is twisting his hair Now this has been an on and off thing with him forever BUT i have never seen it to this degree.The stress and frustration must be unbearable for him because he has literaly  twisted his hair off his head and he is going bald.

I have yelled, I have pleaded, I have threatened to take things away, I have shown him picures I have talked to him about men as they get older they go bald and how proud he should be with his beautiful head of hair, I have tried to substitute activities, I just dont know what to do and it is driving me nuts!!!

We as parents of Autistic kids try so hard to teach our kids social ques  rules of society  try to dress them so they blend in try so hard to allow our kids to be presentable to get their foot in the door and then they go and do stuff like this which just screams theres something different about this child!! I know there are worse things in the world but it breaks my heart to have such a handsome young man ruin his looks.

As I  always tell other parents BREATHE

 

No comments: