Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Sunday, January 12, 2014

It's a New Year

2014....man when I was growing up I remember many times trying to figure how old I would be at the turn of the century....I never thought passed that...and I certainly never pictured myself this old and with a man child that I would be caring for till the time comes for me me to pass.
This is my destiny and I accept it willingly. My son did not ask to be born and not to be born with Autism..
We attended a small party this passed weekend and it was the first time in I don't know how long that I was able to actually clean up and dress with make up and jewelry !!!what a treat...it was just one of those times that everything fell into place the right time, the right place and the right people which made it stress free for Dakota which I turn made it stress free for me!!!
When I got to the party I made the comment that I was so happy cuz I was able to do this and a voice comes popping out of the crowd ..why , ? and replied well I have two people to prepare and by the time I get to me I either don't want to take the time or I am out of time  or I am just ready to go so I skip on myself ...and this voice says oh mommy has do everything for her son ...he was teasing me but with a purpose ....and said look he may appear to have abilities but this kid doesn't do zippers or buttons or tie shoes for that matter ????these are all things that "people" in general don't think about ..

Don't want this to sound like a rant or whine just a statement about assumption...and judgement...I have really tried to prevent myself from judging others and the situations they are in our how they conduct themselves because simply we just don't know what is going on in their world...

Perhaps this is a little vague or not exactly the most pertinent to autism but for me it is a perfect time to remind all of us that although our path may be the same each journey has it's own challenges and it is the perfect time to start fresh with out perspective ....Happy New Year

No comments: