Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Thursday, November 30, 2006

Preferred Provider VS. Parental Vouchered Respite

I am on the respite kick again-- I have only been on the "Preferred Provider" respite for a short time and already I am unhappy-- I know thats nothing unusual but I think I have legitimate concerns-- and Once again I think that Inland Regional Center has made a decision that benefits them tand the agancies that make a profit VS benefiting the individuals they serve and the families that support these individuals--

Below I have posted on a couple of web-groups for autism to see if I get any feed back--I am just so pissed off that there are people and agencies  who are, like wolves that prey on sheep,   out there  making monetary gains over and above what is rightfully theirs utilizing our disabled kids for the EXTRA bucks!

I'm sending this out with hope to hear back from any of you who might be having the same issues with Inland Regional Center and Respite services.
As most of you know they [IRC] has recently pushed for perferred provider respite vs. parental vouchered respite managing to get nost of the 4000+ clients converted. One of my biggest problems with this is that IRC claimed that the transition would be "seamless", all we have to do is submit the persons name and there would be little different with the exception that the agency would be providing the paycheck to our worker.

I have  only been with Accredited Home Health Care for about 2+ months and already I have noticed more than one problem--
The main one is that the Respite workers are only getting 8.50 per hour {and the agencies got a 3% raise in July}  As a parent vouchered respite worker the caregiver was getting 8.83 as of July.
So heres my biggest bitch this agency is sucking 33 cents for every hour from every client they have for themselves-- meaning if you have 30 hours x 33cents per hour = $9.90 x 12 months = $118.80 for year
times however many clients they have from all the regional centers
and once again a "for profit agancy " makes money on our kids disability instead of givng that to the worker who cares for our kids??? what is that all about? Some would argur thats what the get for issuing a check but come on thats all they are doing.
They didnt have to hire or process the worker thay dont have to track the hours  all they do is issue a paycheck--
Once again IRC makes a unilateral decision to "force" parents to conform to regulations by eliminating parental vouchered respite so an agaency can profit -- SORRY i will get off my soap box

What I would like to know is has anyone else noticed that the pay scale is less with these "preferred providers "
Its difficult to search out and find people to care for our kids when we cant even offer them the same as they were getting before.
Perhaps many of you dont care or dont think its an issue however I am hoping some of you can shed some light on if you too have experienced this pay-roll back and if there are agencies actually honoring the 8.83 rate.

Thanks for letting me vent
Cindy

I did mention  some other issues with this agency but will hold my tongue for now to see if i can iron those problems out.

 



 

No comments: