Words to live by---

These 3 things remain true to the "Journey of Autism". Anyone or everyone can advise you;

ULTIMATELY you MUST go with what you feel is right. "GO WITH YOUR GUT."

Once you have arrived at this decision; "NEVER GIVE UP"!

LASTLY "Ya Gotta do, what Ya Gotta do!"



Monday, March 27, 2006

SHOTS

THE SUBJECT OF VACCINATIONS HAS COME UP AGAIN  AND AS USUALL I HAVE A PRETTY STRONG OPINION-- ONE THAT ADDRESSES PERSONAL PREFERENCE BUT ALSO TRIED TO EMPOWER THOSE OF US WHO MAY HAVE A LESS THAN MAIN STREAM CHOICE FOR OUR CHILDREN.

JUST AS THE MANY DRUGS THAT HAVE COME OUT AND BEEN"MIRACLE " DRUGS LIKE THE DIET PILLS AND THE CHOLESTROL LOWERING DRUGS THEY GET OUT ON THE MARKET AND A FEW YEARS DOWN THE ROAD WE FIND OUT THAT PEOPLE ARE LOOSING THEIR LIVES OR BEING HARMED BY WHAT WE WERE TOLD WAS SAFE A YEAR BEFORE... THEN COMES ALL THE PAIN AND SUFFERING NOT TO MENTION LAW SUITS FOR WHAT?? BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN CONVINCED THAT "JUST TAKING A PILL WILL CURE US?"

WELL I SENT A REPLY TO AN ONLINE SUPPORT GROUP TODAY ABOUT DAKOTA AND A PROBLEM HE HAD WITH A VACCINATION HE WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE FOR SCHOOL  HERE IT IS

Well here goes the rantings of a mom who has and will continue to refuse to vaccinate my child - almost adult.

Good for those of you who are consciencous and want your child protected but my son fell victim to the DPT [dipherria,pertussis and tentanous} shot at 7 and that was the end of shots for my guy.

This was way before the mercury discovery--about12 years ago. I was doing my parental duty trying to protect against the exposure factor in school  and my son turned out to be the one who siezed from the Pertussis--THank God he was already on an anti-siezure medication which saved his life once he ended up in the ER.

The claim is that only 1 in 10,000 will have any reaction to the DPT shot and it is particularly the Pertussis which can cause death-- from violent siezure activity--- on the back of every door in the pediatric clinic at Kaiser there is a health warning and disclaimer that clearly states the draw backs and side effects of these
"CHILDHOOD VACCINATIONS"  Of course they want you to give your child these shots and even imply that you are not a good parent if you dont vaccinate  but Buyer Beware!!

I just want to empower those opt you who do not want to vaccinate your children and support you to stand stedfast in your beliefs.
The schools over the years have questioned me about his shots and i never once was challenged to even produce so much as a note from the doctor about exempting him from theschool requirements.I merely told them he would not be vaccinated and that he siezed after a traditionally required shot and the was the end of the questioning.

For those of you who wish to vaccinate I say that you are brave souls and I totally support your decision for your family.

I only raise the question how much can we trust this information we have about any medication we use for our children? -- they have already been bio-medically challenged in so many ways
Do we really need to take a chance when we just dont know?
I dont mean to upset anyone I just want to let people know that even the safest most approved medical treatments are not beyond being questioned--- Evryone is an individual and what works for one may not necessarily work for another!

Thank for letting me blow off some steam!
Cindy

No comments: